Tuesday, September 9, 2008

La Dulce Vita

I learned today that that means "The Sweet Life" in Italian, kinda fun to say huh? Well, it's been about a week since I've been here in Florence, and I'm really starting to get familiar with the area, I've started classes AND I am a never-ending victim to second-hand smoke! There are SO MANY smokers here in Italy...I wouldn't be surprised if I started before I left! JUST KIDDING DAD! Well, like I said, classes have started! So far so good. I really think I'm going to enjoy my Italian class, the professor is really fun and interactive. The other classes I'm taking are broadcasting, journalism, and an Italian Renaissance art history class, so we'll be able to go and visit many museums and locations to check it all out! Some not so good news...the clubs I wanted to join already have waiting lists...so if any of the other college students decide they don't want to drink wine, I'm in! Oh well, I think our program will be taking us to a couple vineyards in Venice and Verona when we go there for our excursion in October, so I guess that'll do ;) Speaking of excursions...this weekend will be my first one! We will be leaving for Rome VERY early on Friday morning and we'll be there until Sunday night, so three days to see all the beautiful history, can't wait!
Not too much else besides class this week...I don't know if I've mentioned this, but school is about a 25 minute walk, so you can say I'm getting my excercise around this city!! I felt pretty cool the other night because an American was walking around the piazza near our apartment, and she needed to get directions to the river, and I totally knew where it was. I guess that means I'm pretty much settled ;) Well, our program is treating us to a free meal tonight, and with the dang Euro being so high, I'm taking it! Until next time, ciao!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Darn alcoholics!

Dana said...

keep your name on the list, maybe some of the others will get sick from the second hand smoke.

Lauren said...

haha i'll do my best!!