
After many MANY hours of traveling...I'M HERE!! The ride over to Amsterdam was very relaxing and I was able to sit next to a lady who was VERY travel savy and answered all my questions, and we were so close at the end of the 7 hours and 15 minutes that we swapped magazines for the next plane ride we each had! Amsterdam is where I met more API students and a few us had connecting flights to Florence, so it was nice to be with people going to the same destination. Once we got to Florence we went back to the hotel, named, "Grand Hotel Baglioni." Sounds pretty classy huh? We'll be here until tomorrow when we move into our apartments! After a couple hour nap and meeting my direct roommate Roxanne we went to the first orientation and had dinner on the roof of our hotel! It was soooooo beautiful and romantic...I was super happy to share that with complete strangers ;) But the food was delicous...I will definitely enjoy the Italian food and bevs! This morning at like 5:30 a.m. (9:30 p.m. U.S. time) both Roxanne and I were wide awake! Excitement came later when I tried to blow dry my hair and it blew out on me :( Not the funnest thing when you get your haircut the day before you leave and can't do anything to it, including putting in in a pony tail :(Oh well...THEN we went on our first tour around the city! WOW IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL! The streets are all coblestone and each window is decorated with beautiful flowers and furnishings. We walked through many markets, walked over many bridges and a few us of ate at a Trattoria, which is like a small dining cafe, where I had my first and delicous plate of spaghetti. Tonight we'll be eating out at a Pizzeria and then tomorrow we move into the apartments! Ciao!
1 comment:
pretty much love that you have a blog and that we can read it! So good to hear from you...
Post a Comment