I'LL BE IN LONDON!!! It was a very last minute decision, but I'm going to go visit Leah!! It's one of the only times our schedules don't conflict throughout the semester, so I figured, why not?! I'll be there from Thursday morning until Sunday night! I just booked the tickets, and there is so much adrenaline running through my body, it's unbelievable! My roommate Roxanne is also going to go and visit her friends, so we'll be taking the train to the Pisa airport and then flying to London from there :) You wouldn't believe how many people around me right now are booking flights, it's nuts how many people travel over here! I'm SO excited!
Something that could interrupt that happiness could happen today, when I go buy my books and pay extra classroom fees. Some of my roommates and I have the same classes, so we're going to try and share, so the cost isn't so high. We're all desperate to save money in any way possible!
Just a few random things. I did laundry for the first time yesterday and realized how lightly I actually packed. Good, but not that good because I may or may not be wearing the same clothes over and over, week after week after week...haha oh well. Italy also doesn't believe in dryers, so we hang all of our clothes to dry, which isn't too bad, just a longer process. Also, as if the streets of Florence aren't loud enough with all of the scooters and cars, they started construction on the road outside of our apartment, so I get to wake up to the lovely sounds of jack hammers :) But, I can't complain cause I'm in Florence, and life is so good! Until next week, after Roma, ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
OMG LAURSIES I COULD NOT BE MORE EXCITED FOR YOU TO GET HERE!!! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE THE BEST TIME EVER EVER EVER EVER IN LONDON!!!!!!!!!
OH LAURSIE! LONDON!?!? so exciting! you must download Warwick Ave by Duffy in honor of this journey! And your big sis will buy you more clothes since Dad would prolly shop at J.C.Crew which technically doesn't exist!
How much fun!! You will have so much fun with Leah. At least with not many clothes, you don't have much laundry to do.
Hi Lauren, It was so fun to read your blog yesterday. You are a traveling girl! Have a great time in London and then Rome!!! I'm thinking of you and praying for you. Love, Sue
B.
Lauren,
While Mark was reading your blog today I could hear him saying, "wha, eh, oh..." so I put a cold towel on his forehead. NK
Lauren,
Let's see if I have the facts right, you fly over Sept 1st to Florence, then one week of orientation. Next week you're in school for 5 days, then off to Rome. Phew,exhausting. Then knowing more studies ahead, you book a flight to LONDON!?! Not a bad gig. Love hearing about all the adventures. Dad
Our weekend travel and adventure includes heading out to Medina for golf and dinner- we'll order Italian and toast to you. Enjoy Rome.
Love, Dad and Nancy
Post a Comment