Sunday, September 7, 2008
97 Degrees!
IT IS SO HOT HERE! The last couple of days have actually almost been unbearable! Friday and Saturday were both around 97/98 degrees and super humid! I told all my roommates that I want Minnesota weather to come here...kinda sad huh? haha...but seriously, it has been so hot. I think being right in the city and walking everywhere and NOT having air conditioning adds to the frustration a bit, so hopefully it'll cool off soon!! Saturday we went over and explored the Boboli Gardens, which were beautiful! Unfortunately we went in the middle of the day so we were sweatin' buckets! We then made spaghetti for the third night in a row and for the second time our sink clogged and flooded the floor. So the repair man road his bike over today and fixed it for us :) Today we were feelin' ambitious despite the heat and explored the Cathedral of Santa Croce...which is in the piazza close to our apartment! I'm trying to figure out how to put pictures up on here, so once that happens, hopefully you can see some of these places I'm talking about... There is also a market close to our apartment that is open every day that we went to for the first time yesterday. We all bought fresh fruit and it was nice, cheap and delicious! Not much more for the rest of the day...we're all hanging out in the apartment, and we WERE going to go out to eat for dinner to toast before our first day of classes tomorrow, but almost EVERYTHING is closed on Sundays...so it looks like it could be a home cooked meal once again :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Lauren I am totally jeallin'. Sounds like such a ball!
Lauren, I'll send you some of our 70 degrees in exchange for some of the hot. I'm not ready for fall to get here! It is so fun to read about your new adventures. Sounds like you are becoming a cook of sorts, now all you need is to take the wine class and you will be well rounded. It sounds like you've been enjoying yourself so far, I'm sure that everything around you is so beautiful. I love reading about all of it. See everything that you can, experience all that is possible, and do everything that you have time for and make time for things that you don't. Before you know it, it will all be a dream and you will be showing us your wonderful pictures. I missed seeing you at church today. I'm so very happy for you, that you are able to experience the world! Love you lots, Dana
Post a Comment