Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Holidays are just around the corner!

Ciao! So me and my roommate Casey were on our way to class today and we witnessed the first sightings of Christmas decorations in the streets! WOO HOO! They're hanging lots of lights up and down the streets by our apartment, I'm so excited to see it at night! Christmas festivities will start up soon here...there are LOTS of Christmas markets to go to, one that is right by our apartment in Piazza Santa Croce, and they do a huge lighting of a Christmas Tree in Piazza de Republica! (Linds-your fave) Can't wait for Thanksgiving to come, because then it means I can officially start listening to Christmas music 24/7 :) I've got my playlist set and ready to go, haha, sad but I am so ready for Mariah.

Speaking of which...that is something I am going to miss next week :( Setting up the Christmas tree Thanksgiving weekend at home. Dad always does his part by bringing the tree up from the basement and putting the lights on-perfect every time I might say, and the last two years, Linds and I have been in charge of the beads and ornaments. All of this is done by blasting Mariah Carey's Christmas cd over and over again until we're done. So...needless to say, I'm going to miss that this year. It'll ALSO be weird not having snow! It's November 18, and I'm still wearing sandals every other day! So...on Thanksgiving, I have class, but at night, so I can celebrate all day before then! I think the closest thing I can get to an American Thanksgiving meal is going to a restaurant that has American brunch...that'll do I suppose! Listen up...please eat lots of potatoes and stuffing for me because those are my favorite!!!!!!!!! I wish we had an oven in our kitchen, but we don't so I can't cook OR bake any of the holiday treats I crraaaavvvve. Anyways, more on holidays to come I'm sure!

This weekend I'm going to go to Siena on Friday with Roxanne. We've heard it's pretty beautiful there, so I'm excited! Then on Saturday, we're going with our program to another Fiorentina soccer game and on Sunday, we go to Lucca! It'll be a fun weekend, hopefully the weather stays beautiful, ciao!

4 comments:

Sue B. said...

Hi Lauren, I just love reading your journal. Hey, your dad just sang us Happy Anniversary on Loren's cell phone. Yep-it is our anniv. today. We are going to the Gutherie tonight to see C. S. Lewis's "Shadowlands". We are excited to do that. Of course, we will find someplace to eat before hand. It is a dark, cloudy, cold day here. yuck! That must be hard not to be here for Thanksgiving. I will eat double potatoes and stuffing for you. I head to Sarah and Chad's next Tuesday. Have a fun weekend! love, Sue Miss you bunches...

Dana said...

Lauren I don't know how you manage to get any school work done or sleep..... You sound like you go non stop, I guess that I would to if I were in a beautiful country for a short time. The holidays will be different this year. I will miss having you here!! Maybe we can have some Christmas cookies, stuffing, mashed potatoes and anything else you crave when you get back. We'll call it the Lauren's Missed Favorites! Miss you, love you lots, Dana

Lindsey said...

totally have been thinking about our "tree time" lately and i'm so going to miss that this year loo loo! one thing i wont miss this thanksgiving is you pointing out how i don't know some certain family member names...hehe...member that? :)

Sue B. said...

Hi Lauren, It's me again. I had to get a new power supply on my computer because it went dead over the weekend. I think Ron Miller better come over and check how i plugged in all the plugs on the back or it may fry when I am gone. Your weekend sounded fabUUlous!! What an adventure you are on. We were at your dad's and Nancy's last night for a little party-most of the people watched "24" but Janie and I don't really get into that so we caught up with each other. So fun to see the house "more settled." Your bedroom still looks great and is waiting for you. You get on those papers now and try to do some "school"-hee hee. love you, Sue