Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fiorentina!!


Went to my first soccer game tonight! Fiorentina is the team that plays for Florence, and we played AC Milano. It was technically considered a "nice game" because one of Fiorentina's previous players has been diagnosed with ASL, so all proceeds went to funds for continued research for a cure! It was SO FUN! The fans were amazing, I've never heard so many chants at a sporting event before! I was bummed though because they were all in Italian, so it's not like I could learn them, join in and not feel like an outsider American coming into one of the biggest events in Italy! Haha...it was fun to be in the middle of it all, you can just imagine me making weird noises and clapping every once in a while to feel like a true Fiorentina fan :) But it was just nuts, and Fiorentina won 4-1, so it was fun to be part of that! I'll be going to another soccer game in November...hopefully I can squeeze another one in before that though, because they are too fun to pass up!

Other than the game tonight, the week has been busy with classes and running around Florence. The week started off great when we were woken up 8 am Monday morning to jackhammers outside our apartment. Literally...so loud that had I not opened my eyes, I would've thought they were in our bedroom. We tried to be optimistic about it, until we found out today that they will be drilling and doing construction until NOVEMBER 31!! It'll be a great Thanksgiving gift since I won't be eating turkey :( Speaking of gifts, I received a delicious one in the mail! Dad and Nancy sent me all my favorite chocolates and snacks...which all taste amazing! I LOVE Peanut and Peanut Butter M&M's-like all-time-favorite, but in Italy, they are like $3 for 20 pieces...rip off! Needless to say...I was very thankful when I opened the package :)

Another trip coming up this weekend! We're going to Verona on Saturday (where Romeo and Juliet takes place) and Venice on Sunday. Hopefully I'll go on a gondola and fall in love with the MAN rowing it ;) I'm really really excited though, Venice has always been a place I've wanted to see, so hopefully only one day there will be enough!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

You're visiting every city without me! Stop it!

Kelly Martin said...

woww you are seriously going everywhere and it just sounds GREATTTTT!!!!!!!

mark and nancy said...

You know your dad loves you when...he doesn't eat your chocolate covered oreo cookie.

Anonymous said...

Okay Lauren you cannot fall in love with a man from another country!!!!! I love reading your blog - thanks to your uncle Cliff who gave me the site address. Keep enjoying every minute of it!

Love - Diane Moselle